Home Wiki Register to become a member Log in to the forum
  Having issues logging in? Try clearing your cache (CTRL + F5) and cookies. See this thread for more details.
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Advanced search

Post subject: BoH Post Session 2 PBP - Dinner Talks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:09 pm 
Co-Owner

It's early evening when you are all back at Duttons sitting around Quentin's small dining area, with the Fish & Chips that Father Michael brought in. The three of you are there, each with your own information found out throughout a days hard work in various types across the city of London. The lighting is low, with the sun setting earlier and not wanting too many lights on to mind the bills but not too bad on the whole.

RPGCrafters Co-Owner

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Post subject: Re: BoH Post Session 2 PBP - Dinner Talks
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:28 am 

After dinner, Father Michael clears the table and gets some Tea brewing.

"Why don't we start putting together what we found out while the tea is getting ready."

"Well, lets go in a little chronological order. Julien de Catries, one of the owners of the book, got titled 'Comte' by Napoleon. But he died in 1812 in Moscow, inheriting book and title to his son Raymond, till the Bourbon Restoration disallowed all Bonapartist titles."

"It seems the last sighting of the book was in 1860, when Raymond showed it to a visitor in Rome that year. It seems that the book was stolen in the same year, since his views radicalized the same year and he joined some Carbonari mystical terror-society in Italy in some fights in 1860 and 1863. Raymond reportedly died during the siege of Paris in 1871, but he had an illegitimate son, Thibaut."

"Around the turn of the century, Thibaut founded the magical Society of the Onyx Dusk in San Francisco on the basis of 'Black Pythagorean science'. He claimed the 1906 Earthquake was his doing, and believed in “gigantic paramental forces” comprising the “new necropolis,” the massive industrial city of today.
He also wrote a book on his theories called Megapolisomancy, or A New Science of Cities. De Castries tried to destroy all copies of the work before his death - he believed something about cities getting some paramental stuff or something but you couldn't find out much more about it."

"Also, someone noticed my looking through the old archives. I just told him that i might've found a lead on said book and that i wanted to find and acquire it so the church can lock it away, so it won't influence normal people."

Advanced search