Home Wiki Register to become a member Log in to the forum
  Having issues logging in? Try clearing your cache (CTRL + F5) and cookies. See this thread for more details.
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am

Advanced search

Post subject: Chapter 2: The Gauntlet Part 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:59 am 

Gardan:
hello everyone!
Gardan:
welcome to the game!
Gardan:
we have three new faces, one of which is on now. the other two had snow problems..
Gardan:
no, looks like Nyte is here too. two new faces
Faeryl:
snow let up sometime last night for me, and isn't bad enough to affect power
Gardan:
Nicholas said he had snow problems too
Faeryl:
subdivision roads are horrible, but everything else is fine. Even got off of work early last night because of it
Gardan:
neat

Kito:
Resting! Level 1 spells remaining: 8 Level 2 spells remaining: 8 Level 3 spells remaining: 6 Level 4 spells remaining: 4
Gardan:
so Faeryl, nyte why not introduce your characters
Gardan:
actually, everyone introduce your characters

Kito:
Mage Armor - Off

Kito:
Shield - Off
Faeryl:
are we just talking about it, or should I dump the token someplace?
Gardan:
just give a brief character concept of who your guy is and anything the crew would know about them
Gardan:
place your token on map 1 Token. that's where we store the master copy

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth! Absolomi half-elf, multicultural cook, experienced sailor, swordmaster, encyclopedic knowledge, zero social skills.
Gardan:
then everyone copy your token to the Manor map, that's wher we start
Tokens dropped onto map '1 Tokens' by player Faeryl (Player)
Fisher:
Sure, sounds good. My character is Jesse Dalton, the ships carpenter. While not keeping the vessel in one piece he can be found working with Saltbeard n crew or assisting the away teams with the tasks requiring a more subtle approach. Has a wife and kid who live on land that he tries to visit a few times a year.
Gardan:
nice, Dove and Fisher
Jericho:
"Hi, my names Jericho. Most of you probably looked me over since I look as average as can be aside from all the scars all over and the fact I'm wearing Mithral Hellknight armor. Lookout and soldier by trade. Spent a lot of time with different people as a squire and in the Chelaxian navy. Nearly died more times than most commoners can count. Despite that I'm pretty upbeat, life is too short to be wasting it being serious all the time. Joined the crew this year after meeting Maya like I did every two years for some strange reason."
Gardan:
great
Faeryl:
Tuulikki. Slyph Bloodrager. Fighting style: "thousand cuts". Personality: Quiet, reserved (unless raging). Not great with people, but amicable enough. Here for adventures and new friends.
Gardan:
nice!
NicholasR has connected.
Gardan:
welcome nicholas
NicholasR:
Hello! Internet is working for now
Nyte:
Kito, some sort of outsider (aasimar perhaps?, not sure what rarity Gardan is going to consider the Ganzi). Sorcerer with a shifting bloodline, and is from some foreign country of Garund that he never specifies. Though he's only been with the crew for a short time (since they were last in the Shackles), he's tried to make himself useful in normal ships tasks since his magic isn't near as dependable as the ship's mages.
Gardan:
great
Nyte:
heya Nick
Gardan:
we are introducing our characters OOCly. stuff the crew would know about your guy
NicholasR:
Alright!
Gardan:
your turn now!
Gardan:
great nyte
Gardan:
ok, while nick works on his summary.. here are some prominate ship NPC's
Gardan:
Captain Maya Cromwell (NPC) CG Human (Chelaxian) F 35 Captain Cromwell has been captain of the Crimson Rose for 12 years. She loves her freedom and doesn’t want to be tied down to anything, except for the responsibility she feels toward her crew. She has a reputation for being kind and compassionate to her friends and prisoners, but deadly to those who choose to cross her. She is an unconventional worshiper of Calistria, for while she truly believes in the pursuit of pleasure and the freedom to live as she pleases, she finds seeking revenge for petty slights a waste of time, and games of trivial intrigue a distraction from the joys of living. She is master of fire and healing.

Mina Cromwell (NPC) NG Human (Chelaxian) F 14 Child of the captain and the late Thomas Cromwell, former ship's healer and Kindra's mentor. Mina grew up on the ship and has been learning how to sail it for over half her life. Likeable, mischievous, optimistic, enthusiastic, and naive. Manifested sorceress powers when she was 12. Serves as the Sailing Master’s mate.

Mr Saltbeard (NPC) N Dwarf M 98 Gruff, intimidating, sea dog with a tough salty exterior and a heart of gold. Dependable, loyal, and a hard worker. Capable of great kindness to those he likes and great cruelty to his enemies. Accepts nothing but excellence from the crew under his command 12 years ago. Has been with the captain since before she took command. Deadly with his longbow. Serves as the ship’s Boatswain

Mr Hammerfist (NPC) CN Dwarf M 89 Lesser gruff, intimidating, sea dog. Dependable, loyal, and a bit of a daredevil with his own safety; but stickler when it comes to black powder safety and the safety of his mates. Accepts nothing but excellence from the crew under his command. Has been with the captain since before she took command 12 years ago. Deadly with his rifle and has a friendly rivalry with Mr Saltbeard. Is known to tease Mr Saltbeard about his longbow. Serves as the Master Gunner.
NicholasR:
Iryani is excitable and constantly looking for adventure, and met up with some of the crew after a run in at the port. She's interested in joining the crew, hoping to keep everyone alive and help where she can, while having some fun herself. She's from the Shackles and identifies herself as a water touched, and makes sure everyone is aware of her... "little" friend (her anaconda, Ghivondir). Her previous friends didn't appreciate the surprise of a 20 foot long snake on board
Gardan:
ok, great!
Gardan:
everyone ready to begin?

Jericho:
yep
Fisher:
Mina is mischievous with a capital M. She was the directly or indirectly the cause of a lot of last chapter. Also, captain doesn't want her girl touching any ale. Yet.
Gardan:
true. Mina is grounded this chapter. stuck on ship indefinatly
Nyte:
heh, she can not drink with Kito.
Gardan:
nods nods... lets see if that sticks
Fisher:
Here's my character again Nicholas since you weren't logged in. My character is Jesse Dalton, the ships carpenter. While not keeping the vessel in one piece he can be found working with Saltbeard n crew or assisting the away teams with the tasks requiring a more subtle approach. Has a wife and kid who live on land that he tries to visit a few times a year.
Fisher:
Ready here
Jericho: (( will post jerichos in skype for Nicholas ))
Chapter 2: Golden Ossuary
NicholasR:
Great! Ready here
You are in Kerse, Druma: one of the richest nations in the world. Around you are clean streets, lavish homes, and almost no crime!
In the previous chapter the crew of the Crimson Rose were teleported off shore of the Isle of Terror by a mysterious orb. The crew kicked ass, rescued their plucky young navigator from pirates, looted treasures from the ruined city upon the island, and rescued Mr Dursan from his decade-long time as a castaway.
Gardan:

As a reward, Mr Dursan's loving wife has given you a golden opportunity. Mrs Dursan's employer, Lady Heidmarch is currently interviewing teams of adventurers to retrieve a family heirloom from one of the richest and most highly guarded tomb in the world: The Golden Ossuary.
You are currently outside of Lady Heidmarch's residence. It is shortly before 8am, the time you were to meet. It was said Lady Heidmarch can't be seen associating with vagabonds so the captian required everyone who came along to dress in approprate high fashion.
((subract at least 500g from your ledger for courtier outfit and approprate jewelry if you come to the interview))
Mr and Mrs Dursan are waiting outside the platial home to greet you.
Jericho: (( would sleeves of many garments work? ))

Mrs Dursan:
"Good morning!"
* Ayeleth has chosen to sit out, given her extreme lack of social awareness.
Gardan:
(( yes, but you still need jewelry
Gardan:
(( dont think the sleeves make you have jewelry
* Tuulikki is also not actually attending, given her lack of social grace.
Nyte:
if we don't have that outfit do we not come?

Jesse:
"Good morning to you both!"

Jericho:
"Good morning"
* NicholasR sits out due to her newness

Jericho:
*puchased to attend*
NicholasR:
((bleh))
Gardan:
if you don't have the coin, captain will spot you
Gardan:
loan
Nyte:
ok

Mrs Dursan:
"I'm so happy you've chosen to come!"

Mrs Dursan:
"I think you have a really good chance if you can get through the interview and... the trial"
* Kito deigns to come with (after getting the loan), though will be overall quiet.

Mr Dursan:
"yes, welcome"
NicholasR is disconnected.

Jericho:
"I wouldn't have any other way. Always content to meet a potential employer."
NicholasR has connected.

Captain Cromwell:
"On behalf of me crew, we bid ye good mornin"

Mrs Dursan:
"please come in"
she turns and leads you inside
* Jericho has shifted his sleeves to make a bulky yet fashionable suit over his armor
* Jesse nods and follows a step behind the captain. As they cross the courtyard he takes a glance at the manor's surroundings
press Ctrl+I to reveal the map

Jericho:
"what a lovely manor this is."

Mrs Dursan:
"yes, it is a nice little city cottage"

Mrs Dursan:
"nothing like Lady Heidmarch's main home in the country of course."

Mrs Dursan:
"I manage this home while the lady is away"

Jericho:
"I do not think I could imagine such a luxurious place."

Mrs Dursan:
"I suppose not everyone can"

Mrs Dursan:
*smiles cheerfully*

Mrs Dursan:
"The other teams are waiting in the theater"

Mrs Dursan:
"this way please"

Jericho:
"though I did once go to the noble area in Lastwall. That was a sight to behold." *follows along*

Jesse:
"Of course. Please lead the way."

Mrs Dursan:
"please wait here until called for"

Mrs Dursan:
"a light breakfast is being served within, please help yourselves!"

Jericho:
"Thank you kindly" *heads to the instructed area and surveys the competitors
as you enter the room, you see two dwarves who seem to be bickering with each other while their servants do their best to seperate them

Demi:
"... and then I'll see ye never work in this town again!"
* Jericho casually makes good of the breakfast provided

Jericho:
Perception: 17
Jericho: (( looking over their gear and such ))

Morgoth:
"always with the same threats Demi! yet here I am, working, dispite ye family's bitchin!"

Jericho:
*leans over to Jesse and whispers* "first time she trusts me off boat and I get treated to theatrics. How lovely"
both teams seem to be dressed in courtier garb like yourselves. Demi, the female dwarf seems to have more style to her while Morgoth seems to have bough something off the rack"
* Jesse whispers back, "Not to worry you're both doing fine. Just keep a civil head and we'll make it through this in one piece."

Demi:
"me family... they always told me you were bad news gold digger I was a fool for not listenin.."

Demi:
"and now ye're here of all places! here to ruin another chance!"

Morgoth:
"i'm free to be here just as well as yeself!

Morgoth:
"i earned me place here just like ye"

Jericho:
*w* "Well I remember dwarves being stubborn and capable of holding almost as long a grudge as elves but this, this seems a bit more than your average conflict."
and so they continue to bicker

Jesse:
Know Local: 28
Jesse: (( For the two dwarf crews ))

Jesse:
"Good Morning to you both," Jesse states to the two dwarven crews. "From what I hear the Golden Ossuary has more gold than everyone here could haul away in several weeks time. No need to bicker so early in the day."
the both look at Jesse with the stink eye
* Jesse would smile warmly back if it weren't for the mask.

Demi:
"aye, plenty for one team and we're the team who;s gettin it"

Morgoth:
"only if ye beat me, Demi! ye never could!"

Demi:
"ye drunken idgot! only thin' I ever lost to ye was me honor and respect!"

Morgoth:
"bah, they weren't worth much to start with!"
the two get really red faced and look like they are going to come to blows, but their men hold them back

Jericho:
"Captain lady, is it still too early to drink?"

Mr Dursan:
"they been like that all morning when they first noticed each other was here"

Captain Cromwell:
"aye. no drinkin

Jesse:
"Aye, aye. I'm just not sure how kindly the interviewers will take to a room full of rowdy, arguing teams is all. If you're will to take that gamble though, that's up to you."

Jericho:
"They didn't have any at the buffet anyways. What ever happened to professionalism? Leave the personal stuff when on the job."

Jericho:
"Lady Captain, permission to stand like a statue and nap in my armor until called?"

Jesse:
"Many other teams apply so far Dursan? Can't imagine we're the only three teams interviewed so far."

Captain Cromwell:
"ha, go ahead Mr Jericho"

Jesse:
"just you three so far have made the final round"

Mr Dursan:
said that
* Jericho stands against a wall and uses the locks on his armor to have it stand tall then relaxes. "Bless Julianos that magnificent man."

Mr Dursan:
"from what I gather, those two dwarves used to be married..

Jericho:
"well that explains the situation"

Mr Dursan:
"anyway, the interviews should be starting soon. best get to know your competition while you can"
* Kito leans lightly against the wall, smoothing out a wrinkle in his clothes, and tracing a finger along the silver stitched pattern on the robe, as it's a new pattern today. Only occasionally looking up to watch the others in the room.

Jesse:
"Anyone from the Red Tide show up? May still be a few stragglers lurking about."

Jericho:
"Now that I think of it I have only one question really, but the issue is the phrasing."

Mr Dursan:
"nah, Jesse. those red tide guys are gone

Mr Dursan:
"you got them all except for the ones you recruited"
* Jesse nods slightly
* Ayeleth in the meantime searches for any sort of food vendor, to get a hint of Druman cuisine to add to her repetoire.

Jericho:
"ok I think I got it. Demi, Morgoth, aside from saying 'the others ego', What's the toughest creature you've slain to date?"

Demi:
"who are ye?"

Morgoth:
"young squirt in fine armor"

Morgoth:
"probably stole it"

Jericho:
"Jericho's my name, nice to meet you both. Armor has its own tale but that's best over drinks."

Morgoth:
"heh, most things are best over drinks. even talkin' to her"

Demi:
*does her best to ignore him*

Jericho:
"back to the topic at hand. Toughest thing you've slain. Really interested."

Morgoth:
"ye should know who ye're up against. best ye leave now and enjoy the rest of ye day."

Kito:
"Wouldn't answering his question tell him that?"

Morgoth:
"I'm Morgoth the Mighty, hero of a hundred battles and slayer of a thousand orcs"

Morgoth:
"I've fought fire giants, hill giants, and even a red dragon once"

Demi:
"it don't count if the dragon was no bigger than a horse, Morgoth"

Demi:
"little one, not even big enough to ride"

Morgoth:
"bah, dragon's a dragon"

Demi:
"I'm Demi Blackhand, of the Blackhand clan. Me clan has owned the majority of the coal market in this region of the world for centuries."

Jericho:
"Think I'll pass on the leaving. It'd mark me a coward and Lady Captain hates weakness in her crew." *holds in a giggle* "That's a lot of things to be killed. Dragons even small aren't to be understimated. Green ones too, when they get big they get smart."

Demi:
"until I married that igot there"

Jericho:
"Nice to meed you Ms. Blackhand."
NicholasR has connected.

Demi:
"ye seem to have manners lad, that'll do"

Jericho:
"Well I served with Paladins and Hellknights before the Lady Captain. Saw a squire get his tongue ripped out by a Lictor once. World doesn't pay to be beligerent."

Demi:
"ye all seem like fine folk, may the best team win. Which is mine."

Morgoth:
"pfft!"

Jericho:
"I do enjoy a healthy and fun competition, I do hope you all live up to your word. That would make this very exciting."

Mrs Dursan:
"Lady Heidmarch is ready to meet with you Ms Blackhand"

Jericho:
"Good luck."

Demi:
"aye, may Torag bless ye all"
* Kito looks to the others of the crew, with a bit of confusion. "Torag?"

Jericho:
"Dwarven god of protection. His code makes hefty demands from his clerics and paladins."

Kito:
"Hmm."
seems to grumble in the corner

Morgoth:
*grumble

Jericho:
"Something wrong Morgoth?"

Morgoth:
"no"

Jericho:
"alright then as I was saying Kito is it? Torag has something to do with protecting one's family, home and land against threats reactively. There's also drinking."

Jesse:
"So Morgoth, are you and your team local or do you travel from land to land to slay monsters and orcs?"

Morgoth:
"we hire out to those who need protection mostly, though we also look for adventure when that sort of work comes up"

Morgoth:
"what about ye? not seen you around these parts"

Jesse:
"You could say we just sailed into town recently. Looking for work and this was one of the first jobs we found out about."
* Kito nods "Hmmm, not a deity I know. But then I've but seen a number of dwarves that could be counted on both hands, counting generously."

Jesse:
"We ran into a bit of trouble beforehand with the island out in the lake, but managed to get away in one piece."

Morgoth:
"this be a very lucky job to land in ye lap"

Morgoth:
"must have paid the right hand"

Morgoth:
"island in the lake? ye been there?"

Jesse:
"Like you said, nothing but a bit of luck and hard work."

Jesse:
"Only briefly, thankfully."

Morgoth:
"nothin but death there, even if ye could reach it"

Morgoth:
"ye may be more competition than i thought"

Jesse:
"Perhaps, we'll just have to wait and see how these interviews go."
so many more minutes pass... eventually the gold diggers are called in
any actions before your interview?

Jesse:
"Alright Kito, Jericho. You both ready for this? Any questions before we go in?"

Jericho:
"Nah"

Kito:
"Not at this time."

Jesse:
"Capn?"

Captain Cromwell:
"nah, I'll chime in when required. I'd like me crew to speak for themselves"
and so your interview time arrives. Mrs Dursan comes to fetch you

Mrs Dursan:
"right this way please"

Mrs Dursan:
"LAdy Heidmarch, may I present Captain Cromwell of the Crimson Rose and her crew"

Jericho:
*formal salute out habit*
you see a well dressed woman in a white robe and white gloves sitting behind a table"

Lady Heidmarch:
"ah, yes, the ones you told me about."

Lady Heidmarch:
"the ones who visited the Isle of Terror and returned"

Mrs Dursan:
"yes ma'am"

Lady Heidmarch:
"very well, please have a seat"

Jericho:
"thank you ma'am." *takes a seat*
* Jesse takes a seat

Lady Heidmarch:
"so, first, let me tell you about the job. are you all familar with the Golden Ossuary?"
* Kito bows his head to the lady, before taking a seat.

Jesse:
"Somewhat, though we've only learned of it recently."

Jesse:
"From what we were told, entry to the Golden Ossuary is only allowed annually."

Lady Heidmarch:
"The Golden Ossuary is a tomb built in town. only the wealthiest can be intombed there along with their fortunes"

Lady Heidmarch:
"yes, once a year they hold a lottery"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I happened to win this year's lottery"

Lady Heidmarch:
"You see, many years ago a I lost a wager to a scoundrel of a man who took my mother's necklace as his prize"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I had been trying to reclaim this necklace for years, however, before I could get it back, the bastard died and entombed himself and his treasures including my necklace in the Goldne Ossuary"

Lady Heidmarch:
"so, the job is you will go in there, retrieve my necklace and in exchange, you may keep any other treasure you can carry"

Lady Heidmarch:
"for this opportunity, I require a 3000g entrace fee"

Jericho:
"Sounds like a fair assessment. I assume there are hordes of dangers in there."

Captain Cromwell:
"entrance fee? ye want us to pay you?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"if you manage to survive and return, you will make your gold back many fold, dear. I however, must cover the costs I had to pay in winning the lottery"

Lady Heidmarch:
"If you are willing, I will hold a trial"

Lady Heidmarch:
"trial to see if you are more than you say you are"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I want the best team of course"

Lady Heidmarch:
"any questions?"

Jericho:
"What's the trial?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"a gauntlet... I happen to know of a small dungeon near by that's full of traps and challenges, some of which you will likly find in the Golden Ossuary"

Lady Heidmarch:
"the team who navigates the gauntlet and returns with this vase here on the table, will will the contract"
points to the urn

Jesse:
Sense Motive: 32

Lady Heidmarch:
"you will also win back your three thousand gold entrance fee"
* Kito studies the vase/urn, trying to remember it's details.
she seems to be on the up and up, but there is likly more she isn't telling you

Jericho:
"Damn and they got a head start. Lady Captain, I'm sure if we leave now for it this task at hand shouldn't be too much trouble. Brings me back to necromance reign."

Jesse:
"Is this the first time you've won the lottery to enter the Golden Ossuary?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"relax. the start of the guantlet will not begin until tonight"

Lady Heidmarch:
"yes, winning the lottery is a very lucky break. no one has ever won it twice"

Lady Heidmarch:
"this is likly my best and only chance of getting my mother's necklace back"

Lady Heidmarch:
"are you still intrested?"

Lady Heidmarch:
*smiles*

Jesse:
"Who was the scoundrel that took hold of your mother's necklace? Was he part of a large crew when they went into the tomb?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"no, he won it in a game of chance I lost to him many years ago"

Jericho:
"Well I'm not one to make decisions, Lady captain just brought me along. But I do have a penchant for getting in way over my head." *grins*

Captain Cromwell:
"ye always come out ahead, Lady. tell me, are ye accepting wagers on this guantlet run?"

Lady Heidmarch:
*smirks* "indeed! I am a diviner. I'll have a scrying sensor locked on to each team tonight while my guests bet on the outcome"

Lady Heidmarch:
"you are welcome to bet on yourselves, of course"

Lady Heidmarch:
"current odds are 1g will get you 1.5g"

Captain Cromwell:
"as i thought, ye Klastocrats always turn any opportunity into a chance for profit, even winnin this lottery"

Lady Heidmarch:
"indeed"

Jericho:
*puts down 1000 on himself* "Well I'll either be dead, next to dead or collecting this money with interest. That is if well, the Lady Captain is putting us in the running."

Captain Cromwell:
"this decision be on ye lot. it effects ye all ye get a say"

Lady Heidmarch:
"splended!"

Jericho:
"Not a coward, theres a lot I don't know about what's going on. However, life's too short to worry about that."

Jesse:
"Can't say I'm not up for the challenge. Not keen about the ship and crew taking a loss on this though."

Jericho:
"We win, we get back the money. That simple."

Lady Heidmarch:
"then if you agree.. I'll need you to sign this contract. "
she unrolls a long contract

Jericho:
"Damn, where's a hellknight or an asmodean when you need them to translate."
* Kito raises a brow at the contract and then to Jericho. "One of hers would be useful, wouldn't it?"

Jesse:
"Aye, but if we lose then the crew will be out a load of gold and a sizeable chunk of it's crew.

Lady Heidmarch:
"tis a simple contract stating you agree to all I've said verbally and you wave any damage claims if you are maimed or killed"
* Jesse begins reading over the contract carefully

Jesse:
Perception: 16
* Jericho nearly lets out a laughing roar. "Well that's a first."

Jesse:
Sense Motive: 26

Jesse:
Disable Device: 30
the contract seems to be highly detailed, and seems to specify all the horrible ways you could die or be injured

Jericho:
"Can't imagine if Lastwall had people suing over liability claims. nothing would ever get done."

Lady Heidmarch:
"indeed"
* Kito raises a brow at Jericho's outburst.

Lady Heidmarch:
"there's also a section on penalties if you fail to deliver her necklace if you win the contract."

Kito:
whispers "detegendas magicas" Cast: Detect Magic

Lady Heidmarch:
"basically, I get your ship if you fail to deliver the necklace"
* Kito while looking back towards the contract's direction.
NicholasR has connected.

Jericho:
"Hey Jesse, does it say in there about death about being eating alive by a gibbering mouther or damages regarding destruction of armor due to oozes. Also how certain are you that the necklace still exists?"

Captain Cromwell:
"PffT! what? me ship! I think that's a bit much LAdy"

Jesse:
"So not only are we paying a 3,000gp entrance fee and risking our lives, but if we somehow get out of there alive without your necklace you're penalizing us?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"the ossuary agents keep detailed records. I was able to get a copy not to long ago, for a fee"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I must insure you keep your end of the agreement, dear."

Lady Heidmarch:
"this is my only chance to get my necklace"

Lady Heidmarch:
"this is the main reason i am hiring you"

Jesse:
"And where is the section that assures us you keep your end? The only one I see this safeguarding so far is yourself."

Kito:
"So are we now skipping the trial?"
Faeryl:
(sounds like a typical lawyer's contract to me. :P)

Lady Heidmarch:
"the contract wouldn't be a contract if I did not give up something too, dear"

Captain Cromwell:
"the ship be to much, lady. how about if we live and don;t get the necklace, ye get something else"

Captain Cromwell:
Diplomacy: 28

Lady Heidmarch:
"what would you suggest?"

Jericho:
"well how much is the necklace worth?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"on the open market a mere 2000g at most"

Jericho:
"I'll trade my life in servitude with all my gear on the line. I Imagine I'll be dead if we don't get it but on the off chance we don't recover the necklace and we make it out, my life and skills would be forefit to you until the day I die. Can't say I'm worth much but they don't make a whole of Hellknight armor out of Mithral."

Lady Heidmarch:
"facinating prospect, however slavery isn't sanctioned by the Prophecy. However, a one year servitude contract will suffice.

Lady Heidmarch:
"for all of you"

Captain Cromwell:
*frowns*

Lady Heidmarch:
"with great risk comes great reward"

Jericho:
"As long as the amulet is in the tomb there doesn't seem to be any problems. Lady Captain might I suggest that only the ones going into this competition sign the contract as to avoid any uneeded clauses."

Lady Heidmarch:
"are you the kind of people who takes a risk?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I know exactly where it is, mr jerico. as I said the ossuary agents keep detailed records"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I can give you the lot number"

Jesse:
"Since this will involve a number of the crew who are not present at the moment, how about you make the necessary changes to the contract, we'll talk with them, and we can sign it before the trial tonight if they agree?"

Lady Heidmarch:
"and yes, one year service for those who sign the contract"

Lady Heidmarch:
"your other crew can do waht they will "

Lady Heidmarch:
"of course, let me make the changes.."

Kito:
"If we somehow lose this trial, are we then bound to a year of servitude? Even though we did not enter the Ossury?"
she waves her hand and casts a spell. the contract changes

Lady Heidmarch:
"that would be silly. only if you win the trial and enter the ossuary will you be liable for the necklace"

Jericho:
"All we have to do is beat two others to a urn, then raid an old tomb for a single amulet and return alive. It's not like theres a lich waiting for us or a green dragon trying to eat us or a giant who had too much to drink and happen to fall over on you."
* Jesse frowns momentarily beneath his mask at the ease the contract was changed

Lady Heidmarch:
"that's the size of it"

Lady Heidmarch:
"you will get a copy of the contract, of course"

Kito:
Spellcraft: 24

Jericho:
"Out of curiosity, how many people have entered the tomb and returned"

Kito:
(( to ID the spell she cast to change the contract ))
it seems to be a custom spell you've not seen before.

Lady Heidmarch:
"well no one would sign up for the lottary if no one returned"

Lady Heidmarch:
"typically less than a third of the time those who enter are never seen again"

Jericho:
"well lady captain, ship is safe. If you aren't accompanying us then you are safe. All that's left is to bring the others who are coming along to sign. only a one in three chance of things not going well."

Captain Cromwell:
"sounds agreeable"

Kito:
"Your math is off." *to Jericho*

Lady Heidmarch:
"lovely, once you sign the paper the contract will be set and cannot be changed"

Jericho:
"Odds were never my strong suit."

Lady Heidmarch:
"it will also make you a copy"

Lady Heidmarch:
"magic copy paper I created"

Lady Heidmarch:
"so, who shall be first?"

Captain Cromwell:
"i'll not let me crew risk it all on their own. I'll sign"
signs the page with a flourish

Jericho:
*signs with chicken scratch* "always been an impulsive one."

Jesse:
"Where the captain goes I'll follow," Jesse states plainly before signing
* Kito signs with flowing Kelish script.

Lady Heidmarch:
"lovely!"

Lady Heidmarch:
"return here tonight at 8pm ready to enter the gauntlet"

Jericho:
"Now let's see who else is along and go get us a mystic urn. Also should stock up on healing supplies. I expect we'll need them"

Lady Heidmarch:
"I'll have a private cariage waiting to take you to your entrance."

Jericho:
"I am giddy with anticipation."

Lady Heidmarch:
"at 9pm, the horn is sounded and all the teams enter at the same time"

Lady Heidmarch:
"until then! May you have good fortune"

Mrs Dursan:
"this way please"

Mrs Dursan:
"lovely, I will be betting on you!"

Jericho:
"I really hope the others are as good as they say

Mrs Dursan:
"see you later tonight!"

Jericho:
"I would hate to not have solid competition."
Nyte is disconnected.
Nyte is disconnected.
Gardan:
lovely. you guys wanna continue on or call it a night?
Jericho: (( I'm good for a bit ))
Gardan:
so, who's going into the gauntlet?
NicholasR:
Iryani is

Jericho:
Jericho
Faeryl:
Adventure trial is still an adventure
Jesse: (( Jesse will ))
Ayeleth:
Ayeleth is going.
Ayeleth:
Or will once she learns of it.
The Gauntlet map
Jesse: (( Strange that a diviner like Lady Heidmarch doesn't even know the name of the bloke that has her necklace. Even after years of tracking them down ))
Jericho: (( it was john of clan smith... Jeans younger idiot brother :P ))
Gardan:
she knows him
Gardan:
she knows all about him, he died. she knows where he is buried
Gardan:
that's where the necklace is
Gardan:
he just had won it legally and he refused to sell it back to her
Gardan:
just to piss her off
NicholasR has connected.
Jericho:
"So Lady Captain, you seem to attract a lot of pretty ladies and a lot of stubborn dwarves. Care to comment?"

Captain Cromwell:
"I am very discernin of who is in me crew"
The Gauntlet Map
NicholasR has connected.
Jericho: (( can't see anything on it ))
Jericho:
"it's not just crew. This job is a little of both too."
Faeryl:
(I can see tokens listed off to the side under 'map explorer', but that's it.)
Jesse: (( Large part of map is hidden, I had to zoom out a scroll down a bit to see starting area ))
Gardan:
map is mostly hidden and there's the fog of war
Faeryl:
(huh. no strict token ownership?)
Gardan:
there should be. you can't use your token?
NicholasR:
Uhh
Faeryl:
(well mine isn't on this map yet, I mean I can see what's on everyone else's
Faeryl:
(and the option to impersonate is there)
NicholasR:
I have no idea where anything is, but I just found a trap...
NicholasR:
Which I can control apparently?
Faeryl:
^ that is what I'm talking about
Gardan:
you typically copy and paste your own token to the map
NicholasR:
Aha! Found us
Faeryl:
I was going to when I found the area to put it, then got distracted by being able to see all the trap/monster tokens listed off to the side
Gardan:
ok everyone see your token?
NicholasR:
Yup
Gardan:
everyone ready?

Tuulikki:
yup

Jericho:
"so whose the trap spotter?"
Ayeleth:
"Jesse."
so the time comes. you arrive at the manor home and are given an opportunity to bet on your team. 1 gets you 1.5

Jericho:
"Right on. Jesse my feet are counting on you."
Jesse: (( Ready here ))
you are also shown to the guests so they can see you before casting their bets.
there are over 60 guests here, all dressed more decidant than the next
* Jericho puts all his money on their team.
Gardan:
so, who's placing a bet?
Gardan:
and how much
NicholasR:
No bets from me

Jericho:
* Jesse sets down 600gp
Gardan:
ok, just the two
captain pays the 3,000g entrance fee and bets another 2000g.
NicholasR has connected.
when all bets are placed, you are placed in a windowless carriage and driven for about 30 minutes
you emerge at the entrace to a tunnel and told to wait here until the horn blows and the door opens
any last actions?
* Ayeleth mutters a quick prayer.

Jericho:
"remember to leave a spot open for Jesse to retreat in case of trouble. In single file that is. We also need a rear guard."

Captain Cromwell:
"good luck lads! I beleive in you!"

Captain Cromwell:
"if ye die, I'll bring ye back!"

Captain Cromwell:
"maybe"

Captain Cromwell:
*winks*

Jericho:
"Just don't slap me upside the head."
* Jericho is ready to go
and so you hear the horn blow and the door opens

Jericho:
"Alright Jesse, I'm right behind you. May your eyes keep our feet safe"
* Ayeleth takes point for now.
* Jericho keeps an ear out for anyhthing that isn't silence

Jericho:
Perception: 31

Jesse:
Perception: 17 "+2 to spot traps"
you enter the dungeon. the air is stale and there is a smell.

Ayeleth:
Perception: 22
NicholasR has connected.
you hear a gloomy silence and it is pitch black

Jericho:
"Gloomy silence, that's what I was looking for."

Jesse:
"Nothing yet, let's keep moving lest the others get there first."
* DovE turns back to Tuulikki. "Think we can get a light?"

Jericho:
"agreed point man."
NicholasR has connected.

Tuulikki:
"Sorry. Not something I can do. I can see in the dark."

Ayeleth:
"That's all right."
ok, give me perception again

Jericho:
Perception: 28

Jesse:
Perception: 17 "+2 to spot traps"
* Ayeleth rummages through her Handy Haversack, and pulls out an everburning torch.

Ayeleth:
Perception: 34
Jerico oesnt see much from in the back
Jesse doesnt see any traps either
however... Ayeleth sees something ahead

Jericho:
"Note to self, buy Ioun Torch."
* Ayeleth grabs Jesse.

Ayeleth:
"Hold ahead. Something's on the floor."

Jesse:
"Whoa! Nice catch there Ayeleth. Let me take a closer look."

Jesse:
Disable Device: 28
trap is disabled

Jesse:
"There, that should take care of that."

Ayeleth:
"Right or left?"

Jericho:
"And our feet live another day. Pick a wall and follow it."

Jesse:
"How about left?"

Jesse:
Perception: 32 "+2 to spot traps"
Gardan:
pause
ayeleth steps on a trap

Falling Boulder Trap 4:
Falling Boulder Trap!! Suddenly some boulder fall! Attack vs AC: 31 Damage: 24 to all in 10ft area
24 damage

Jericho:
Jericho loses 24 hit points.

Jesse:
"Ayeleth! You alright? Might be better if I'm closer to the front."

Falling Boulder Trap 5:
Falling Boulder Trap!! Suddenly some boulder fall! Attack vs AC: 18 Damage: 33 to all in 10ft area

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 24 damage!

Jericho:
Perception: 22
NicholasR has connected.
* Ayeleth coughs.
Tuk nearly takes damage too

Ayeleth:
"I'm all right. And yes, I'll let you take the lead."

Jericho:
"I'll be right behind him, so don't worry

Jesse:
Perception: 20

Tuulikki:
"That was close..."

Jericho:
Perception: 30
and initative

Jesse:
Init: 13

Jericho:
Init: 25

Ayeleth:
Perception: 21

Bearded Devil 4:
Init: 20

Bearded Devil 3:
Init: 21

Bearded Devil 2:
Init: 7

Erinyes 1:
Init: 13

Ayeleth:
Init: 12

Bearded Devil 4:
Init: 15

Bearded Devil 3:
Init: 17

Bearded Devil 2:
Init: 22

Erinyes 1:
Init: 24

Jericho:
"what in the actual hell."
Gardan:
press your green initative button

Tuulikki:
(probably a bad time to mention I never set up any macros)
Gardan:
also, have the initative window open to see the order
Gardan:
yeah, i noticed :)
Gardan:
here use the base token
Gardan:
put your picture on it and use it for now

Tuu:
Init: 20
Jericho has received initiative.

Tuulikki:
I Just export/imported the macro set
Gardan:
ok

Jericho:
Gladius vs erinyes AC : 20 Damage: 10 P/S/M

Tuulikki:
Init: 7
enryes attacks with her sword

Erinyes 1:
Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 35 Dmg: 11 Critical Threat vs AC 27 Dmg: 7 Second attack vs AC : 26 Dmg: 11
18 damage

Jericho:
Jericho loses 18 hit points.
devil attacks Jerico

Bearded Devil 2:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 24 Dmg: 8 Second attack vs AC : 21 Dmg: 11 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Jericho:
"Tell me we brought a healer with us."

Bearded Devil 3:
attacks Tuu

Bearded Devil 3:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 31 Dmg: 11 Critical Threat vs AC 19 Dmg: 16 Second attack vs AC : 23 Dmg: 11 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Tuulikki:
(ouch)
38 damage to Tuu

Tuulikki:
Tuulikki takes 38 damage!

Bearded Devil 4:
*attacks tuu*

Bearded Devil 4:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 18 Dmg: 16 Second attack vs AC : 18 Dmg: 16 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage
miss
Jesse has received initiative.

Ayeleth:
Knowledge (Planes): 30 -15: +1 16-25: +2 26-30: +3 31-35: +4 36+: +5

Tuulikki:
"What the heck are these things?!"

Jericho:
"Really hard hitters."

Jesse:
Short Sword Slash (Target: Bearded Devil) Hit: 28 Spring Attack: Can move before and after attack

Bearded Devil 2:
Bearded Devil 2 takes 23 damage!

Ayeleth:
"Barbazu. Devils."
Ayeleth has received initiative.

Jesse:
Spring Attack DMG: 11

Tuulikki:
"Well, my first big adventure and I'm already fighting extraplanar creatures.. what a way to start a career."

Ayeleth:
Powerful +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 19 Dmg: 26

Jesse:
Spring Attack Shock: 6 elec

Bearded Devil 2:
Bearded Devil 2 regains 23 HP!

Jericho:
"You'll get used to it."

Bearded Devil 2:
Bearded Devil 2 takes 6 damage!

Jericho:
"the weird creatures... not the pain I hope."

Bearded Devil 2:

Tuulikki:
(ooops. forgot about my 1 DR. going to give back 1 hp from each attack that hit.)

Tuulikki:
Tuulikki regains 2 HP!
Tuulikki has received initiative.

Jericho:
"Say Jesse are you a fan of really bad ideas?"

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 21 damage!
* Tuulikki allows herself to fight unrestrained for a time.

Tuulikki:
(Enter Bloodrage.)
Gardan:
hmm, the druid and sorceror player seems to have dropped out... uh,. adding in the captain in their place

Captain Cromwell:
Init: 24

Tuulikki:
Use as Free Action for 4+Constitution Modifier rounds/day; +4 Morale Bonus to Str/Con, +2 Morale bonus to Will Saves, -2 AC. Constitution increase grants 2 HP per HD.

Tuulikki:
Current HP while raging: 44/80
when you'r done, hit the next button
and feel free to tweak your token manually until we can get a rage macro

Tuulikki:
(macro doesn't like me, so I guess I"m rolling manually)
Gardan:
fine :)
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 12 + 12 = 24
Gardan:
hit
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+5 => 3 + 5 = 8

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 3 damage!

Tuulikki:
going for full TWF, so 2 OH attacks and I think one more MH
Gardan:
ok, keep rolling

Tuulikki:
it's been awhile since I've had more than one attack
Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 12 + 7 = 19
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+5 => 4 + 5 = 9

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 4 damage!

Tuulikki:
now for off hand
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 17 + 12 = 29
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 19 + 7 = 26

Tuulikki:
OH #2 threatens
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 3 + 7 = 10

Tuulikki:
nope. moving on

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 5 damage!
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+3 => 2 + 3 = 5

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 regains 5 HP!
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+3 => 4 + 3 = 7

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 2 damage!
Captain Cromwell has received initiative.
heals Tuu

Captain Cromwell:
whispers "vulnera sanat" then touches target. casts Cure Serious Wound Damage healed: 30 3rd level spell uses left today: 7

Tuulikki:
Tuulikki regains 30 HP!

Jericho:
"One bad idea coming in"

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs Erinyes until unconscious then devils: Gladius vs AC : 18 Damage: 10 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 25 Damage: 8 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 25, knocks if pushed into wall Gladius vs AC : 17 Damage: 10 P/S/M Critical Threat vs AC : 9 Dmg: 12 Spiked Shield vs AC : 15 Damage: 7 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 20, knocks if pushed into wall Critical Threat vs AC : 10 Dmg: 8
Jericho: (( will have to clean that up ))

Erinyes 1:
Erinyes 1 takes 3 damage!

Erinyes 1:
*laughs at Jerico*

Jericho:
"it's gonna be a long day"

Erinyes 1:
*flies up about 5ft and moves back. AOO*

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs Just for the first shield attack: Gladius vs AC : 28 Damage: 7 P/S/M Critical Threat vs AC : 25 Dmg: 9 Spiked Shield vs AC : 17 Damage: 8 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 17, knocks if pushed into wall Gladius vs AC : 16 Damage: 7 P/S/M Critical Threat vs AC : 7 Dmg: 12 Spiked Shield vs AC : 4 Damage: 7 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 12, knocks if pushed into wall
Jericho: (( miss ))

Erinyes 1:
Flaming Longbow +1 attack Attack vs AC : 26 Dmg: 14 fire: 4
* Jericho looks at the wall.

Bearded Devil 2:
*attacks Jerico*

Bearded Devil 2:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 21 Dmg: 11 Second attack vs AC : 24 Dmg: 8 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Jericho:
"well at least two of us are going to have a long night."

Bearded Devil 3:
*attacks Ayeleth*

Bearded Devil 3:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 14 Dmg: 16 Second attack vs AC : 12 Dmg: 8 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Bearded Devil 4:
*ayeleth*

Bearded Devil 4:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 28 Dmg: 11 Second attack vs AC : 8 Dmg: 8 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage
11 damage to Ayeleht

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 11 damage!

Jesse:
Short Sword Slash (Target: Bearded Devil) Hit: 21 Dmg: 10 Spring Attack: Can move before and after attack

Jesse:
Shock Dmg: 1

Bearded Devil 2:
* Ayeleth takes a moment to study her friendly neightborhood devil before swinging.

Ayeleth:
Powerful +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 29 Dmg: 29 Second attack vs AC : 24 Dmg: 25

Bearded Devil 3:
Bearded Devil 3 takes 44 damage!
POOF

Ayeleth:
"One down!"
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 15 + 12 = 27
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+5 => 2 + 5 = 7

Bearded Devil 4:
Bearded Devil 4 takes 2 damage!

Jericho:
"the biggie is trying to shoot me with love. I think it's cute."

Captain Cromwell:
*heals Ayeleth*

Captain Cromwell:
whispers "vulnera sanat" then touches target. casts Cure Critical Wound Damage healed: 27 4th level spell uses left today: 7

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs North then south devils: Gladius vs AC : 16 Damage: 15 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 14 Damage: 14 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 14, knocks if pushed into wall - ATTACK MISSES! Gladius vs AC : 18 Damage: 16 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 18 Damage: 16 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 9, knocks if pushed into wall
wiff

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth regains 27 HP!

Erinyes 1:
Flaming Longbow +1 attack Attack vs AC : 20 Dmg: 13 fire: 6 Second attack vs AC : 17 Dmg: 13 fire: 2

Bearded Devil 2:
*jerico*

Bearded Devil 2:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 15 Dmg: 14 Second attack vs AC : 13 Dmg: 8 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Bearded Devil 4:
*tuu*

Bearded Devil 4:
Claw attack vs AC : 12 Dmg:7 - ATTACK MISSES! Claw attack vs AC : 14 Dmg: 7 Beard (Ex): Opponets hit with both claw attacks take another 3 damage. Fort DC 17 or contract devil chills.

Jericho:
*watches arrows fly past his head and blocks the devils attacks* "What have here is a classic stalemate."

Jesse:
Short Sword Slash (Target: Bearded Devil) Hit: 39 Dmg: 12 Critical Threat vs AC 28 Spring Attack: Can move before and after attack

Jesse:
Shock Dmg: 1

Ayeleth:
"Time to go help out. Captain, Tuu."

Ayeleth:
Powerful +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 27 Dmg: 27

Bearded Devil 2:
Bearded Devil 2 takes 19 damage!

Bearded Devil 2:
Bearded Devil 2 takes 22 damage!
POOF

Jericho:
"Thank the gods. Between you and Jesse this stalemate might end"

Jericho:
"Now I saw her hover to where she is standing, I reckon there might be a trap there."
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 18 + 12 = 30
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 16 + 12 = 28

Tuulikki:
looks like a crit on the first strike
Gardan:
roll damag

Bearded Devil 4:
Bearded Devil 4 takes 13 damage!
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 19 + 7 = 26
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 8 + 7 = 15

Tuulikki:
no confirm, so just damage now.
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+5 => 1 + 5 = 6

Bearded Devil 4:
Bearded Devil 4 takes 1 damage!

Tuulikki:
now for off-hand.
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 17 + 12 = 29
DovE is disconnected.

Bearded Devil 4:
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 17 + 7 = 24

Bearded Devil 4:

Captain Cromwell:
Concentration Check: 32

Captain Cromwell:
whispers "vulnera sanat" then touches target. casts Cure Critical Wound Damage healed: 26 4th level spell uses left today: 6
heals Jerico

Jericho:
Jericho is healed and gains 26 hit points.

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs devil: Gladius vs AC : 33 Damage: 13 P/S/M Critical Threat vs AC : 27 Dmg: 14 Spiked Shield vs AC : 20 Damage: 16 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 20, knocks if pushed into wall Gladius vs AC : 7 Damage: 11 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 8 Damage: 12 P/S/M Free Bull Rush if hit at 14, knocks if pushed into wall

Bearded Devil 1:
Bearded Devil 1 takes 39 damage!

Erinyes 1:
Powerful Charging Flanking Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 22 Dmg: 16
Gardan:
*Tuu

Bearded Devil 4:
Glaive attack Attack vs AC : 27 Dmg: 8 Second attack vs AC : 10 Dmg: 16 Infernal Wound (Su) +2 bleed damage

Jesse:
Sneak Attack Short Sword Slash (Target: Bearded Devil) Hit: 34 Dmg: 11 Sneak Dmg: 12 Spring Attack: Can move before and after attack Disoriented - The target takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls. In addition the target takes an additional -2 penalty on all attack rolls it makes against the rogue.

Jesse:
Shock Dmg: 4

Jericho:
"Feeling frustrated yet winged lady? nothing personal but if you swing in my direction can you please avoid scratching the emblems. Thank you."

Tuulikki:
Tuulikki takes 7 damage!

Bearded Devil 1:
Bearded Devil 1 takes 18 damage!

Jericho:
"Hey Jesse the space east of the Winged lady trapped or can't tell from there?"

Jesse:
Perception: 24
Gardan:
gotta do that on your turn
DovE has connected.
ayeleth's turn
* DovE hooks back around the Erinyes
* Ayeleth hooks back around the Erinyes.

Ayeleth:
"Back to the Hells."

Ayeleth:
Studied Powerful Flanking +2 Falchion Sneak Attack Attack vs AC : 35 Dmg: 29 Critical Threat vs AC 22 Dmg: 26
Ayeleth trips a trap

Poisoned Crystals Trap 1:
Crystals Fall on you! Atk 40 melee (1d4 crystal shards per target for 1d8 damage each); poison (sassone leaf residue, Fort DC 16, 1/ minute for 6 minutes, onset 1 minute, 2d12 damage plus 1 Con); multiple targets (all targets in a 10-ft. square)

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 40 damage!

Ayeleth:
Fortitude: 16
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 9 + 12 = 21
Jericho: (( think the 40 is to hit ))
* Jericho grimaces

Ayeleth:
((Ahh.)
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 11 + 7 = 18

Ayeleth:
(Yeah, makes more sense.)
Gardan:
shards: 1
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 2 + 12 = 14
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+7 => 14 + 7 = 21
Gardan:
damage 4
* Faeryl rolls: 1d4+3 => 2 + 3 = 5

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth regains 36 HP!

Bearded Devil 4:
Bearded Devil 4 takes 4 damage!

Bearded Devil 4:
Bearded Devil 4 takes 1 damage!

Jericho:
"You ok Ayeleth?"

Ayeleth:
"I'm good! Just keep her back to me!"

Jericho:
"Shouldn't be too hard."

Captain Cromwell:
*points one of her pistol shaped metamagic rods at Tuu's devil and cast rays of electricty*

Captain Cromwell:
whispers a word of power and points at her target Casts: Scorching Ray (lightning) Ray 1 vs Touch AC 18 Damage: 15 Ray 2 vs Touch AC 26 Damage: 16 Ray 3 vs Touch AC 34 Damage: 8 2nd level spell uses left today: 7
POOF

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs erinyes: Gladius vs AC : 18 Damage: 12 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 22 Damage: 11 P/S/M Gladius vs AC : 10 Damage: 11 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 5 Damage: 13 P/S/M - ATTACK MISSES!

Erinyes 1:
*POOF*
teleports
Jericho: (( any AoOs? ))

Jericho:
"this day is cursed."
Gardan:
activating a spell like ability, not sure if that threatens.. go ahead

Jericho:
Gladius vs AC : 30 Damage: 11 P/S/M

Erinyes 1:
Erinyes 1 takes 6 damage!

Jericho:
"No one says anything about today and I'll buy first one. I don't need Saltbeard laughing again."

Ayeleth:
"Hello there!"

Tuulikki:
(Using a SLA does indeed provoke by RAW)
* Ayeleth takes the charge, traps be damned.

Ayeleth:
Studied Charging +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 31 Dmg: 20
Jericho: (( Su's are the only ones exempt ))
pause
Ayeleth tripps 3 traps

Poisoned Arrow Trap 18:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 35 Damage: 1 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 3 hours

Poisoned Arrow Trap 7:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 45 Damage: 1 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 1 hours

Poisoned Arrow Trap 4:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 41 Damage: 5 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 1 hours

Ayeleth:
Fortitude: 11

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 2 damage!

Ayeleth:
((Do I get another save vs the unconsiousness?))
Gardan:
yes, failed first save. loose 1 COn. second unconsious

Ayeleth:
Fortitude: 23

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 1 damage!

Ayeleth:
Fortitude: 14

Ayeleth:
Fortitude: 18

Ayeleth:
Ayeleth takes 1 damage!

Ayeleth:
((And then the charge.))

Poisoned Arrow Trap 3:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 33 Damage: 7 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 1 hours
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+11 => 14 + 11 = 25

Tuulikki:
(good thing it's my best save)

Jericho:
"That hallway is just straight up hell. Still those traps seem to be more lethal tha our prey."

Tuulikki:
Tuulikki takes 6 damage!
Jeric trips 2 traps
3 traps

Poisoned Arrow Trap 5:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 33 Damage: 8 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 2 hours

Poisoned Arrow Trap 8:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 34 Damage: 6 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 2 hours

Poisoned Arrow Trap 18:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 37 Damage: 2 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 1 hours

Jericho:
"It's like the necromancer all over again."

Jericho:
Jericho loses 16 hit points.
* Tuulikki mutters "Ouch" as she rubs her shoulder where the arrow struck her.

Jericho:
Fortitude: 24

Jericho:
Fortitude: 19

Jericho:
Fortitude: 19

Erinyes 1:
*attacks Ayeleth*

Erinyes 1:
Flaming Longbow +1 attack Attack vs AC : 24 Dmg: 7 fire: 1 Second attack vs AC : 30 Dmg: 12 fire: 1 Critical Threat vs AC 15 Dmg: 24 fire: 10

Erinyes 1:
*and an AOO on Jerico *

Erinyes 1:
Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 17 Dmg: 14 - ATTACK MISSES!

Erinyes 1:
oops, ignore the longbow attack

Erinyes 1:
Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 21 Dmg: 13 Second attack vs AC : 18 Dmg: 8
there

Jericho:
"say if i go to hell, our swords would be a perfect match to curse someone after today."

Erinyes 1:
"lets see your fury, warrior, maybe after I kill you I'll make you my pet in Hell!"

Jericho:
"You can always try. Gillian said to avoid girls withs wings. She said I should meet a valkyrie, whatever that is."
lets make this the last round. nearly midnight here
eh, one more round after this
* Ayeleth takes the swing.

Ayeleth:
Studied Powerful +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 35 Dmg: 27 Critical Threat vs AC 17 Dmg: 28 Second attack vs AC : 25 Dmg: 27

Erinyes 1:
Erinyes 1 takes 44 damage!

Jericho:
"Tuu, if you can dodge roll do it safely

Jericho:
"This hallway makes people holy."
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+16 => 7 + 16 = 23

Tuulikki:
acrobatics
not enough
AOO

Erinyes 1:
Powerful Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 14 Dmg: 14 - ATTACK MISSES!
* Faeryl rolls: 1d20+12 => 1 + 12 = 13

Tuulikki:
*whiff*

Captain Cromwell:
*smiles as she watches the action*

Captain Cromwell:
"Good there, don't let her get away"

Jericho:
Declaring attacks vs Erinyes: Gladius vs AC : 34 Damage: 11 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 29 Damage: 11 P/S/M Gladius vs AC : 20 Damage: 14 P/S/M Spiked Shield vs AC : 12 Damage: 11 P/S/M

Tuulikki:
"That might be more difficult if she decides to vanish again."

Erinyes 1:
Erinyes 1 takes 12 damage!

Erinyes 1:
Longsword +1 attack Attack vs AC : 21 Dmg: 10 Second attack vs AC : 16 Dmg: 10

Jericho:
"Looks like my luck is getting better and there aren't any taverns nearby."

Captain Cromwell:
"give the folks watchin us a good show"

Jesse:
Short Sword Slash (Target: Erinyes) Hit: 21 Dmg: 14 Spring Attack: Can move before and after attack
Jesse trips two traps

Poisoned Arrow Trap 4:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 41 Damage: 8 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 3 hours

Poisoned Arrow Trap 18:
Poison Arrow Trap!! Suddenly an arrow fires!! Attack vs AC: 32 Damage: 6 Poison DC: 13 Poison Damage: 1 Con. Secondary effect, unconsiousness 1 hours

Jesse:
Fortitude: 16

Jesse:
Fortitude: 25

Jesse:
Jesse takes 14 damage!

Jericho:
"You got it captain!"

Captain Cromwell:
"finish the beastie off, Ayeleth"

Jericho:
"Hey if you guys wait I'll take her ire and get around back and then stabe it from the front?"

Jericho:
"Or we just beat in the corner."

Tuulikki:
"Personally, I think we'd be safer just finishing the job quick."

Ayeleth:
Studied Powerful +2 Falchion Attack Attack vs AC : 36 Dmg: 25 Critical Threat vs AC 31 Dmg: 26 Second attack vs AC : 27 Dmg: 31
POOF!
victory!
and this is a fine place to end tonight. hope you had fun!

Jericho:
was a blast
Faeryl:
fun times to be had all around
ok, see you all next week!
Jesse: (( Good session all! Thanks for the game Gardan ))
Faeryl:
Rage ends. FAtigued for 8 rounds
Fisher is disconnected.
Avrion:
thanks for the game gardan

Advanced search