Home Wiki Register to become a member Log in to the forum
  Having issues logging in? Try clearing your cache (CTRL + F5) and cookies. See this thread for more details.
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Advanced search

Post subject: [Maptool] The Path Forward (Mythic)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:55 pm 

Recruiting for a new game using the pathfinder adventure series Wrath of the Righteous. Here is what you need to know.

1) What game system are you running (IE Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Fate, Riddle of Steel, Call of Cthulu, GURPS, etc) and what edition?

Pathfinder RPG

2) What is the setting for the game and the style of game?

The campaign will start in the city of Kenabres located in the war-torn Kingdom of Mendev.

3) What is the game medium? (PBP, Mpatool, live etc)

d20pro and PBP

4) How many players are you looking for?

Starting once we have 4 players and characters created. Maximum of 6 players.

5) What are the generation rules (Stating status/level, funds, stats)

Characters start at 1st level.
25 point buy for attributes.
Characters start with 150gp each.
Characters can only start with gear that they can carry.
Characters can select 2 traits and one additional trait as detailed in the Player’s Guide for the Wrath of the Righteous.
We are only using Paizo created content. 3rd party source material is not allowed.
Prestige classes require DM approval before adding them to your character sheet.
Please create a short background for your character. This should explain a little bit about the character’s history and the traits that they selected.

6) What material is allowed for the game?

Any 1st party source material.

7) What house rules are you using?

HP per level:
d4 - 3
d6 - 4
d8 - 5
d10 - 6
d12 - 7

8) What do you expect from applicants? (Backgrounds etc)

Character concept is required for application. After approval, character build and background is required before play.

9) When are you running your game? (IF applicable, live/virtual tabletop. day/time)

Running sessions 1/week. Flexible on date.

10) How many posts per day are expected? (If applicable, pbp)

For PBP play, RP will need to be completed before the next session.

Post subject: Re: [d20pro] Wrath of the Righteous
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am 
Site Admin

I would be interested if the day/time is doable. My available times are after 8pm US Central time, M-Th.

I'll DL the Player's Guide this afternoon and have a concept together for submission later.

GM: Praetor
Link to House Rules: Click Me!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:16 pm 

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

OK, here's my basic concept.

Shar'ala Fieldson was born to elvish parents, 126 years ago, in the Sarkoris port town of Egede. His parents had grown to love the humans in 'their little fishing town' and grew the finest crops in the meadows between the city and the Estrovian forest. When Aroden died, the demons poured forth from the rift, reaching even their far coast of this primitive realm. A horde of Schir descended onto the town, slaying dozens, including Shar'ala's parents. The elven child was left for dead with a slit throat and a trident in the chest. Pharasman priests from Ustalav in the south rushed to help bulwark the town and lay the dead to proper burials, and they found the elf-child barely alive, as he fed on nothing but bugs and rats (who coincidentally had came to feed on *him*) for weeks. After a short recuperation, the child's uncle Tasha'a Icemane, arrived to bring the boy back to his enclave in the Crown of the World.

Shar'ala spent the rest of his youth learning to survive, and steeling his resolve to one day join the crusaders who were rumored to flock to the ruined lands, the Worldwound as they called it. He spent his days training in the vast tundra surrounding his Uncle's enclave, learning to hunt, learning to track, and learning how to focus his will in such a way that nothing could effect him. As a youth, he garnered a reputation among the enclave as being that boy who could survive weeks in the tundra eating ice and drinking sunshine. A devout Calistrian, on his coming of age day, he had the enclave's Wasp Priestess bless his blade and shield as he swore vengeance against the forces of the Abyss, and he spent the next twelve years slowly working his way back southwest. Now, he finds himself in the ruinous war lands of Mendev, headed straight into the Maw of the Abyss to exact his revenge upon those foul beings who had taken his family.

Shar'ala is an Elf with the Desert Runner racial trait, retooled as tundra instead of desert for background purposes.
Alignment is CG, although trending toward CN with his twelve year budding desire to enact revenge.
Shar'ala will be a Fighter (Unbreakable Archetype), with the Exposed to Awfulness Trait, and will follow the Guardian path.
Shar'ala will focus on defensive tactics, battlefield positioning, and survivability. Offensively, will be a 1-h sword fighter, so damage output not anticipated to be outrageous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:07 pm 

Application approved. Let me know when you have the character created and we can go over his background some more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the charsheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=810086

There is a link to the 20-level build in the notes near the bottom. I can be reached on skype (name archmagi1) if you want to go over background specifics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 pm 

Cool deal. I don't think I'll have time tonight as I'm playing tonight but I should be able to connect with you tomorrow or the day after.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 pm 

Juvia Darken was raised by human parents on a farm about a day's horse ride from Nerosyan, the capital of Mendev. She lived in a small rural community and enjoyed much of the peace and relative security Queen Galfrey's rule brought in exchange for supplying food to the capital city. Her early life was typical for most farmgirls trying to make a living in the icy lands of Mendev, but she loved her family and her home. Through the toil of farm life, her body had grown strong and her morals pure. She learned to always look at the bright side if any situation and was the first to cheer up anyone who was down.

From an early age she was attracted to Sarenrae's faith. Sarenrae's mercy and her focus on redemption appealed to the optimistic girl and when she became of age, she entered service into Sarenrae's church and was found to have the aptitude for being a paladin. For years she trained and became quite adept at her chosen career. Quite recently she had finally completed her training and was granted the title of Squire.

Now its time to put her training to use. Squire Juvia has said her farewells to her family and travelled to Kenabres to join in the fifth crusade.

i'm thinking about an aasmari paladin with the Scion of Humanity alternate racial trait. She believes, thinks and looks human, is more. She will use a scimitar and shield mostly yet will also have a greatsword and longbow for use when situation requires. Campaign trait:Touched by Divinity I could also make her a cleric or oracle if we need

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am 

Application approved. Let me know when you have the character created and we can go over her background some more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:57 pm 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=811596

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm 

Approved. I'm going to be pinging everyone tonight to start getting stuff organized and set up. I have one other person who contacted me through PM that will be playing, so we only need one more person to start. I'm thinking about Thursday next week as the first game starting at 7:30pm EST. Any input on this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:26 pm 

Thursdays should be fine.

i'm available Mon, Wed, Thur nights during the week between 6 and midnight est.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

730 eastern is *much* too early for me, barely even getting home from work by then. In general, I won't be available for play til after 9 Eastern (8 Central), since that's *around* the time we put the kid down for bed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:04 pm 

Ok, we can play from 9pm - 12pm. That will be only three hours though. So long as everyone is ok with that and can start promptly, we should be good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm 

maybe we can do two shorter sessions a week instead of one longer session?

wed and thur, 9 to 11-12?

Advanced search