Home Wiki Register to become a member Log in to the forum
  Having issues logging in? Try clearing your cache (CTRL + F5) and cookies. See this thread for more details.
Delete all board cookiesFAQThe team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 am

Advanced search

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: [PbP] When Do we go?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm 
Co-Owner

Avrion
Avrion
October 18, 2013

The Shadowlign leems over and speaks “Now I have a proposition you all want to keep your continuum going, far be it from me to stop you. You get one chance, but not before we gear you up. The question is not where you want to go but When?”

he pauses “With the choices you have made there have consequences as well as those from around you. Where we are fixed you are slightly unhinged capable of changing your own fate and those around you, such is why powerful entities keep drawing on to you. It also means you are in constant peril. So I cannot choose when but you can. its a one way trip as well so choose wisely.”

Jo_Tunn
Jo_Tunn
October 21, 2013

James does his best to herd the others over to the corner of the room, gets them in a huddle and says in a low voice “I think we should Leave. I don’t know what he is saying to you all but when the creepy mind read….” James stops for a moment and glares over at Bob the shadowing(because his name is bob) before turning back to the others and continues “Also please try to block it out. When the Creepy mind reader shows you the dead body in it’s Ice box, that’s when you know it’s time to get the fuck out of Cylan. or start fighting again. But I’d rather we didn’t fight him when he’s got the security system up and running.”

Coloris
Coloris
October 21, 2013

“I don’t like the ‘one way trip’ part either. I mean if we go back in time and do stuff and get geared, it’s already part of our history, so either way it’ll be like it is now…i think.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 21, 2013

Jorgen thinks a moment.

“I’m not sure what he’s talking about with this trip yet. I’d like to know more about where he wants to send us before we choose.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 21, 2013

“If I may interject.” Shadowling interrupts. “I was trying to not overhear you but it turns out my ears are a little more sensitive than I like on this ship. To correct, its not where but WHEN. secondly, you are choosing the destination. You get the option on when you think saving your continuum is most viable, but remember there are consequences to every action and inaction.”

Jo_Tunn
Jo_Tunn
October 21, 2013

“Wait, what? go back in…. What?” James says, possibly talking over Bob.

Gardan
Gardan
October 21, 2013

Jorgen looks at the shadowling.

“I think we will need a bit more information about why our continuum is going to end before we will know when to go to fix it. Perhaps you can explain a bit more?”

Avrion
Avrion
October 21, 2013

“Simple really.” Shadowling states “There is an artifact she created beyond her comprehension on Elusia as a last resort. This ‘thing’ doesn’t have a name or a title out of fear it could be located. It simply exists, while I don’t its exactly measurements or even how to activate it. This continuum would end if such an event occurred. Without Maika to repair the ship and Fys power to transmute the parts the ship is easy for the taking for someone as strong as Magnus. The clock began ticking a long time ago as events fell into place one by one. Thats the main Paradox has me guarding, wanting to see how long a continuum could last with such a thing in it.”

He pauses “However these events are not entirely up to the control of the people in this situation while some of it is. Take for instance sealing Fys in the eye of chaos, with her there she interrupted the device needed to bring Maika back which brought Elyss back… it also brought back Magnus from the deepest part of the void.”

“Another was not brow beating it into Allison that she can’t walk around as she pleases, this is your world after all. That in part could and could have been done, an event out of your control was Braxis triggering a fail safe which called on miss Alvenko to her rescue.”

“One way or another people whose fates are fixated with the exception of two have suggesting reasonable actions that only you can define the success or failure. Each plane has a few like that, even my actions were fixated once I decided where I was heading with the power. That’s why you get to call when you go. You get to make the decision and decide what seems like a reasonable point but be warned that there will be consequences. You could dial it back as far as the Rovagug war or something as simple as three days ago.”

“If you sit here and do nothing the odds will be slanted significantly against you and while the time at the end isn’t fixed to reach that tier of power is such a short span is almost impossible.” He states “So a little or a lot of rewind is in order. I can offer suggestions but it is ultimately up to you.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 21, 2013

Jorgen looks confused. Temporal theory was something that was simply beyond his comprehension. However, he did manage to pick up a few parts of that long explanation.

“So, if we go back to before she made this mystery artifact and convince her not to finish it, then all would be good, aye?”

Jo_Tunn
Jo_Tunn
October 21, 2013

“Guys?” James says with a sinking feeling that his friends are going to the darkside.

Avrion
Avrion
October 21, 2013

“It would, But what would be the consequence of you not living your life as you did?” Shadowling replies “What or whom wouldn’t exist without you being a refugee? which could or could not be a problem for the next you. Going that far back I’d have to make it so you don’t effect you when it comes around. Also how would you get there? Remember the when is all that’s given not the where.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 22, 2013

“Well it is clear we mortal folk don’t know enough about these time line things to even make a good guess. What do ye suggest?” Jorgen asked.

Avrion
Avrion
October 22, 2013

“There are a few spots but like I said more importantly are the consequences. It’s a one way trip, the question I need to ask in order place any recommendations is how much are you willing to give up?”

Gardan
Gardan
October 22, 2013

Jorgen thought about it. He was sure the shadowling was asking if he would be willing to give up ever meeting Elly and making Thorin. He cared for his son and Elly, but the world was much more important than just one small family that was just beginning to form. Then there was the number of victories they had against the Nessi in the past few years. Would they give those up and make the Nessi stronger?

“I’ll give what it takes to achieve victory over the Nessi and keep the continuum continuing.” Jorgen said. “But only if absolutely necessary.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 22, 2013

“Well there are a few points really. THere is the point when they are attacking Elusia, the cylan wars, the moment you revived fys or maika and about one of your weeks ago when Miss allison Alvenko dug up the ship.” Shadowling says “It really depends how far you are wanting to go for victory over the Nessi, saving the continuum has two or three points.”

Coloris
Coloris
October 22, 2013

“You said that Magrus finding this ship and getting that tome the nearly dead guy got is making the world end, so the closest spot would be allison not digging up this ship to begin with. It would also cause the least interferrence…just in theory, that is”

Gardan
Gardan
October 22, 2013

“Another question: When we go back in time do we sort of merge with our past selves or will there be two of us?”

Avrion
Avrion
October 22, 2013

“That depends on the circumstances.” Shadowling replied "If you went back to within your lifetime you would be brought here and replace you at that time. If you go before you change slightly as to not interfere with the you that will be created. Sort of an anti oroborus clause.

Gardan
Gardan
October 22, 2013

“Trillia’s suggestion sounds like it would do the least harm then, however, I’d like to know more about what the risks are with each of the suggestions you made.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 22, 2013

“By all means.” Shadowling replies “lets go on a case by case basis, did you want me to start with the earliest or the recent.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 22, 2013

“perhaps you should start with the most recent then work your way back.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 22, 2013

“Very well.” the Shadowling states “the earliest would be a week past from this day. this would enable you to stop Allison from uncovering the ship and with it remains buried however this would leave Magnus intact and as a very portential threat to you later on along with the Ikail. The changes would be minimal however the estimated shift could give you what you need. Questions so far?”

Gardan
Gardan
October 23, 2013

“who is this Magnus again?”

Avrion
Avrion
October 23, 2013

“Strongest of the Nessian leaders, also the most corrupted. When Fys was an oracle among them she was sixth and she brought the planet to its knees.” Shadowling says “Just thought that would be the best way to explain it.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 23, 2013

“Alright then. So, when’s the next point you suggest.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 23, 2013

“Well there are two each with there own consequences.” it states “The first is return to revival of Maika or Fys either will have the same result. You would lose Elyss but gain the duo there. However you would have to redo the entire assortment with things that have transpired since then. There is a lot that can be changed as so charting the consequences would be harder. It would leave the Ikail Grey you still have yet to find out about intact. Questions?”

Gardan
Gardan
October 23, 2013

“Some more questions about this Magnus fellow. Why would keeping the ship buried leave Magnus intact? What happened to him? This is the first I heard about this guy and you make him sound like a god or something.”

“Oh, why exactly is the continuum going to end? Who decides such things?”

Avrion
Avrion
October 23, 2013

“No one decides them if events occur naturally.” It states “When everything that can happen will happen and in no specific order then it ends. However With the revival of Elyss it brought back Magnus as to take from the void requires a balance. The ship buried means simply means Magnus does not get his hands on the device.”

Gardan
Gardan
October 23, 2013

Jorgen rubbed his head. This whole time talk made his head hurt. He started to long more for his Elly to be with him just so she could explain this stuff. Though she would be in danger too.

“So the cosmic balance made it so Magnus was awakened or created to balance out the existence of Elyss. I do understand the cosmic balance. For every goodly god there be, there is an evil one to balance him out. Tis part of the eternal struggle between cosmic good and cosmic evil.”

“Alright, so if Elyss is Magnus’s opposite then Magnus must be as powerful as Elyss is. If so then wouldn’t us getting the lexicon to Elyss allow her to protect it just as well as if Magnus had it? Why would that cause the universe to end? There is still an infinite number of other things that can possibly happen.”

Avrion
Avrion
October 23, 2013

“It’s not the Lexicon that becomes the problem.” Shadowling says as he walks to lab main console “You seem to miss the other things we guard here.”

After a few moments two Blast doors open up to a Black sphere in the middle of the ship. Simply looking at it shakens you, you do not know why but it feels like an endpoint. It is contained within several barriers both magical and physical. “This is what you wouldn’t be able to prevent him from taking, the Nessi would slow you down if not kill you for the lexicon if you transported it to her. With the lexicon they would know the spheres locations.”

“Do you understand?” Shadowling says “They may opposites in power, but Magnus has no quarrel with causalities as Elyss does. He will do everything in his power and more to take the orb and use it without understanding what it means.”

Coloris
Coloris
October 23, 2013

“Can’t we just blow this ship and the sphere up ? I heard it worked well in the past with my companions…”

Avrion
Avrion
October 23, 2013

“For most of the stuff yes, however for the sphere no.” Shadowling responds “It absorbs destructives energies or forces that would cause it harm”

The blast doors close. “So destroying the ship is futile since it was made as a last line of defense.”

Gardan
Gardan
7 days ago

“so, if we go back and not get Elyss, we’d probably have to give up princess Lily, aye?”

Avrion
Avrion
7 days ago

“That would be a consequence yes.”

Coloris
Coloris
6 days ago

“Ok, let’s assume we go back to stop allison from finding the ship, what would hinder the nessi to find it and thus us being basically in the same situation ? Also, since we know where the ship is, could we return at a later time, when retrival or something is possible ?”

Avrion
Avrion
6 days ago

“To them the ship doesn’t exist, much like it did to the Elusians. So long as its submerged the scrying attempts and divination will fail given the ships warding. It is also covered in sentinel markings to be rendered invisible to the normal and with a nightly addition the ability to strip memories of anyone that comes in contact with the hull… with the exception of Allision. By the time anyone would notice it, I will have moved it. Brother has been working on something special to place it out of the way.”

Jo_Tunn
Jo_Tunn
4 days ago

James starts observing the other members of NEAT. If he is right, then they should show the symptoms for having there minds messed with(blood shot eyes, blank vacant stares, magical auras of the enchantment school, yellow finger nails, hair coming out in clumps, eating bugs, erections lasting longer then 4 hours). hmm, should probably not use Cale as test subject… Oh right detect magic. Some finger waggling and concentration later James determines that….

“I ROLLED A 20!!!!!!”: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4275230/

Spellcraft 20+16=36

Avrion
Avrion
4 days ago

While no auras are abnormal the detect magic identifies a strong and overwhelming aura on Shadowling. While unable to identify the overwhelming magic of its construction the strong one is a spell like ability that functions as telepathy with tongues.

James would know that telepathy does not allow a person to read minds.

Coloris
Coloris
4 days ago

“Mary, just for our amusement, would you go and tell Allison that it’s all her fault the world ends and that she did a good job ?”

“So, you can move the ship so the nessi won’t find it, but what hinders Allison to stumble upon it at a later time at a new location ?”

Jo_Tunn
Jo_Tunn
4 days ago

He determines that he has been acting rather “Rude” toward Bob to say the very least. “Okay so I’d like to apologize for my behavior.”

Avrion
Avrion
2 days ago

“No harm no foul” Shadowling replies and then points to the group “I would simply bring you to the point she arrives and have you deliver a message. There are certain things even Allison will listen to.”

ProfileWWW 

Post subject: Re: [PbP] When Do we go?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:17 pm 
Co-Owner

The options Shadowling has provided in his opinion of times to Reach

Earliest 1 week ago
Mission: Inform Allison not to dredge up the EMA Pandora
Pros: Practically zero change in timeline
Cons: Leaves Magnys Intact, Leaves the Ikail with a high tiered Grey

Next: Revival of Elyss
Mission: Enable the revival of Maika or Fys before continuing
Pros: Removes Magnys, gives time to stop the events in the swamp which brings Allison to dredge up the ship
Cons: The entire downtime with Zwindler has to be redone, leaves the Ikail with a High Tiered Grey

Following: Start of the Nessi wars
Mission: Stop the Nessi from breaching the Frostguard
Pros: Removes Magnys and the Ikail. those younger than 50 years become Outsiders(Native)(Humanoid) due to the displacement. Faye stays alive, a lot of lives are saved
Cons: Thorin wont be born, most of the people you meet you may not see. Alters character past.

Lastly: The Elusian War
Mission: Go to Zachia and destroy the Eternal life fountain, all characters become Outsiders(Native)(Humanoid)
Pros: Elusia might survive, Antares wont suffer the casualties
Cons: The world of Antares will cross another path and never be the same.

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 pm 

Trillia is bugged by the 'might survive' in the last possible place to go.

"So, if we head there and Elusia still falls, what then ?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm 
Co-Owner

Shadowling disappears for a moment then reappears "it might still fall. Though if you head for the start Elusia may even come out unscathed. The thing about that one is without the Nessian ability to not lose numbers its an almost even battle."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:51 pm 

"I'm all for stopping the nessi at the source."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:12 pm 
Co-Owner

"Despite the potential consequences?" Shadowling says "Very well and you others?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:34 pm 

"What are the potential consequences?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm 
Co-Owner

"Along with changing your world forever there will be the chance that you will never exist once completed. Is that something you are willing to give up?"

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:40 pm 

"Anything for family, Bob. Anything."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm 
Co-Owner

"Your family may also never exist based on the difference of situations." Shadowling states "Try to understand the antares you know wouldn't be the same way if there was no invasion. you would be defending a different Antares one with different possibilities."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm 

"Personally, while rooting it out at the source seems like a good idea, what will happen to us afterwards ? will we be stranded there ? Also, just for accounting votes, i'm for just getting back to tell allison not to dig up the ship...has the fewest uncertainties"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:59 pm 

Jorgen thinks about it for a while.

"If we go back to the beginning and destroy the life fountain, will some other threat worse than the Nessi come along and plunge the universe into war. Did the Nessi ever do anything good in their entire existence? I don't care about me. To many families have been destroyed by the nessi. I'll gladly go on a suicide mission if it means we can save millions."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:05 pm 
Co-Owner

"To prevent situations you as you are will be no more, instead you will become outsiders with the same capabilities. you will each live a double length lifespan but inevitably die over the course of time or battle" It pauses for a moment "The Nessi prevented many situations like this one however on Elusia they lost all purpose. As for something like the Nessi is always a possibility however the outcomes may vary and depending on when you go depends on what actions you can take."

ProfileWWW 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm 

"I wonder, is there a way for us to find the ship again later on ? say maybe to get the book before the final battle ? It might seem like a valuable asset"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm 

James coughs "Uh well then going back that far isn't an option, I CAN'T do anything that would hurt my family. How about we just go back and to the revival of Revival of Elyss?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Advanced search